About the role:
Imagine that you are supplied with vast amounts of data from various sources and that you can make beautiful analytical products on it. As a Data Engineer, you can make a difference by collecting, modelling and structuring complex data sets and by developing data pipelines to perform all of this. In project teams, you help design the end-to-end solutions of the data product. You are able to demonstrate your skills in both on-premise and cloud environments and are not afraid of a bit of coding. You are familiar with terms such as Agile, CI/CD and IaC.
At Valcon, you work in a multidisciplinary team with business consultants, professional developers and technical specialists. We like to go the extra mile for good results and high quality. This results in solutions that make a difference and result in satisfied clients and happy end-users. For this, we are looking for top-performing people with a passion for IT and technology with good communication and analytical skills.
Valcon is an acronym for Value Consulting, as value is the central focus in everything we do for our clients. We help clients with end-to-end transformations in which consulting is combined with technology and data. We work with more than 1000 enthusiastic colleagues in North-western Europe for clients such as Heineken, Alliander, ABN AMRO and Axcel. Valcon Data consists of driven IT professionals with in-depth technical expertise. They design, develop and manage innovative business solutions using SQL, data modelling, Python, analytics and cloud platforms, and help set up future-proof information and data architecture.
• A completed technical WO or HBO education with WO
thinking and working level.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience as a Data Engineer.
• Strong in a team with good communication and analytical skills.
• Experience with Cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud).
• Experience with the following methods is an advantage: SQL, Python, data pipelines, API access, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, data architecture, data storytelling, and Infrastructure-as-Code.
• Fluent in English
• Setting up cloud OTAP environments for platforms such as
Azure, AWS, DataBricks.
• Familiar with data modelling techniques: Dimensional and Relational modelling, Data Vault.
• Developing Analytical end products with, among others, PowerBI and Cognos.
• Training and guiding business consultants and junior developers in the application of cloud technology.
• Co-developing Valcon's Cloud proposition.
• Building and maintaining a relevant network with current
and new customers.
What we offer:
• Excellent salary
• We have full freedom when it comes to self-organisation and time management, as long as you get your job done
• We have a flat hierarchy, there is no communication bottlenecks,
• We are transparent, truly
• We are remote native (before, during, and after covid19),
• We have flexible working hours
• You will enjoy the Hybrid people genuinely
• Our team spirit is hard to find elsewhere personal benefits,
• 25 vacation days
• And much more that can’t be described about our young and fast-growing software company from Novi Sad.